Monday, April 8, 2013

Morrocco







One Wednesday I spontaneously signed up for a trip to Morocco  with DiscoverExcursions and left that Friday for Africa! A completely new continent that's only only a 2.5 hour bus ride and 45 min ferry away. When we arrived I was so glad I decided to take the trip because the country was so different than I had imagined and so cool to explore with new friends. We visited a beautiful blue-walled city called Chefchaouen where I got a henna tattoo (not permanent) and we ate lunch on a terrace overlooking the entire town. After bargaining for jewelry in the markets we went on to the next town called Assilah where we visited caves, rode camels, and saw where the Mediterranean meets the Atlantic! And despite not being able to drink the water and a 4am arrival back in Sevilla due to some technical difficulties caused by Moroccan children illegally trying to cross the border on our bus, the adventure, the people, and the cous cous are things I will never forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment